Mark Dolan is the Managing Partner of Rice Dolan & Kershaw. Mark concentrates his practice in the areas of civil litigation, medical malpractice defense, architectural, engineering, accounting, legal, and other professional liability defense, as well as employment practices, disability and healthcare law. Mark is a trial attorney with an impressive record of success on behalf of his clients.
- Brown University (A.B., 1982)
- Georgetown Law School (J.D., magna cum laude, 1985)
Editor, Georgetown Law Journal
- Law Clerk to United States District Judge Bruce M. Selya,
- U.S. District Court, District of Rhode Island, 1985-1986.
- Rhode Island, 1985
- Massachusetts, 1986
- District of Columbia, 1986
- U.S. District Courts, District of Rhode Island and District of Massachusetts, 1986
- United States Circuit Court of Appeals, First Circuit, 2000
- United States Supreme Court, 2002
Honors and Awards:
- The Best Lawyers in America-Rhode Island, Civil Litigation, 2005-present; Rhode Island Super Lawyers, Civil Litigation, 2006-present; New England Super Lawyers, Civil Litigation 2008-present.
- Rhode Island Bar Association,
- Member: House of Delegates, 1990-1993
- Federal Court Bench/Bar Committee, 1986-present
- Massachusetts, District of Columbia, and American Bar Associations
- Appointed by Chief Judge Francis J. Boyle to the United States District Court for the District of Rhode Island Civil Justice Advisory Group (for the term of 1991-1995);
- Appointed as Rhode Island Superior Court Approved Arbitrator;
- Member: American Arbitration Association Roster of Neutrals; Rhode Island Trial Lawyers Association; Defense Research Institute; Rhode Island Association of Defense Trial Counsel; American Judicature Society, Member: Board of Directors, 2003-2004
- Fellow: Rhode Island Bar Foundation